We have vacancies for Trustees and a Treasurer.
St Andrew’s Children’s Society Board of Trustees meets six times a year to review the organisation’s work and services, and to agree strategic goals for the charity. The Board also:
- ensures the organisation’s compliance with human resources legislation ;
- develops, monitors and reviews strategy and policy in all matters relating to the recruitment, selection, reward, retention, terms and conditions of employment, motivation and training/development of The Society’s staff;
- has specific responsibility for the organisation’s strategic financial planning and development and for monitoring the charity’s financial situation.
A key role within the Board is that of Treasurer. Our present Treasurer, Kirsty Fergusson has been in that role for the past eight years. In that time, Kirsty’s home life has become more hectic with the addition of two children and she has also moved to a senior accountancy role, now working in Livingston. Treasurers are allowed to “move on” and Kirsty has asked the Board to recruit a new Treasurer.
So, we are looking for a new Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. Ideally you will have experience in financial accounting and be interested in supporting our work.
Please contact Claire McMahon, our Office Manager on 0131 454 3370 for more information.
In addition to finding a new Treasurer, we are looking to recruit additional Trustees who share our vision and passion. In particular, we are seeking candidates with:
- An appreciation of the operational and strategic challenges facing charities
- An understanding of the changing adoption/fostering child care and social care landscape in Scotland
- An ability to work as part of an experienced team contributing to the charity’s governance
- A strong financial or business background
In addition, Trustees act as ambassadors for St Andrew’s Children’s Society and support the broad range of activities undertaken to support its work.