- Mar 14 - 18 2022
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Level One Theraplay and MIM training plus optional one-day Group training
What is Theraplay?
Theraplay® is a short-term, therapist-guided dyadic psychotherapy that focuses on parent-child relationships and has been accepted by SAMHSA as an evidence-based practice. It:
- Enhances attachment, self-esteem, and trust in others through joyful engagement
- Elicits cooperation and improves behavior issues in children through positive connection rather than focusing on solving negative problems
- Creates an active and empathic connection between child and parents
- Focuses on four essential qualities found in parent-child relationships: structure, engagement, nurture and challenge
- Results in changed view of the self as worthy and loveable, and of relationships as positive
- Administer and analyze the MIM
- Utilize the MIM as a guide for treatment planning
- Describe the four dimensions of Theraplay and demonstrate one activity from each dimension
- Describe ways to adapt Theraplay treatment to meet the needs of a child with complex trauma
- Describe how to guide parents to participate in a Theraplay session
Programme content includes
- Principles of attachment theory on an intellectual and experiential level
- The Four Dimensions of Theraplay for Child Development
- Experiential exercises to turn a child’s resistance into cooperation and therapeutic progress
- Videos of Theraplay treatment with many different clients in addition to the demonstration family with children AND MORE!
When is the Theraplay and MIM training taking place?
Level One Theraplay & Mim 14 March to 17 March 2022
Optional one-day Group Theraplay 18 March 2022
Where is the Theraplay and MIM training taking place?
7 John’s Place
Who should attend the Theraplay and MIM training?
Psychologists and Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Clinical Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, School Counselors, Play Therapists, Infant Mental Health Professionals, Special Education Teachers, and others…
5 Day – Introductory Level Theraplay® and Group Theraplay® – £1,050.00
4 Day – Introductory Level Theraplay® – £900.00
1 Day Group Theraplay® (only) – £150.00
(You must have completed the 4 day Theraplay/MIMS programme or the exam online with the Institute to do the one day Group Theraplay training).
Full payment is required one month before the training date.
Substitutions are accepted up until the day of training. Full refunds (minus £25 processing fee) will only be granted for cancellations made at least 21 days prior to the day of the training. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable.
Information and eligibility for attending Level One Theraplay & MIM
Information and eligibility for attending Level One Theraplay & MIM This Level One Theraplay & MIM training will introduce you to the theory and practice of Theraplay. It will provide you with new learning and ideas to integrate into your current professional work with families. The training does not qualify you to deliver Theraplay or Theraplay Informed Practice. The full/further training in Theraplay requires extended supervised practice, called the practicum that starts after the Level One Theraplay & MIM.
Eligibility criteria to attend the training
From April 2020, in order to be eligible to book onto a Level One Theraplay & MIM training course you must fulfill the following requirements:
Be an accredited/registered member of a professional body that requires you to work within a framework of ethical practice and has a complaints procedure in place, which clients can access.
Be employed within an organisation that holds clinical responsibility for your work and has a procedure in place to respond to client complaints.
Best practice guidance
On completing the Level 1 training you will be required to sign the Theraplay Institute Best Practice Guidance Agreement prior to receiving your certificate. This requires that you confirm you meet the eligibility criteria above and that you hold appropriate liability insurance (see https://www.wp.theraplay.org/uk/practicum/best-practice-guidelines-and-requirements-for-the-uk/ )
Please contact Rita Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0131 454 3370 if you would like to find out more or Sandra Williams if you would like to book a space – email@example.com / 0131 454 3370.